Monday, October 20, 2008

Je suis Snuffy


Do I know what I am? Well, I could go on at length, but let us stick to the basics.

I am a magna cum laude graduate of the Sorbonne.

I am a chemist so gifted that I am known in whispers as "the cursed alchemist."

Mine is the voice that the leaders of 100 nations dread hearing in the middle of the night.

I am a god amongst a large tribe in Papua-New Guinnea.

I am the keeper--and the original breeder--of a rare species of bee whose honey is rumored to trigger visions of the afterlife.

And not least, I am his majesty's dog at Kew. Pray tell me sir, whose dog are you?

(There is never a wrong occasion for the verse of Pope.)

3 comments:

Gold-Digging Nanny said...

I love the blog, but I have a request for the design. Would you consider using a different color for the text that appears in the white right-hand panel? The yellow is nearly impossible to make out.

Ben said...

Thank you, Gold-Digging Nanny. And a slight redesign is on my agenda. I think I just got a little turned around the last time I tried it.

Gold-Digging Nanny said...

Thanks, Ben!